Have you reached the stage where it might be appropriate to make some plans for your later life, but don’t know where to begin? Or maybe you think you have done what is necessary but would find it helpful to talk it through with someone?
For many of us, planning for our future is a confusing and overwhelming task and it’s tempting to put it off to another day. That’s why we have developed the Later Life Planning Buddy Service, offering you the opportunity to have a friendly chat on the phone or via video call with a trained Buddy. They will help you think through your plans for later life, perhaps give you the gentle nudge you need to put your thoughts into action.
Take advantage of this free service…
Thanks to some grant funding we are running a pilot and are able to offer the service to a limited number of people for free. We welcome enquiries from potential participants**.
- If you’d like to know more please email us at email@example.com.
- We’ll email you further information about the pilot, and a questionnaire for you to complete and return if you’d like to go ahead.
- We’ll post you a free copy of the My Future Care Handbook* and a little bit about the Buddy assigned to you.
- Your Buddy will contact you to arrange a mutually convenient time for you to have your first session.
- On completion of your final session (you can have up to four) we will email you another questionnaire for your feedback.
- If you’d like to take part you’ll be sent a copy of the My Future Care Handbook and partnered up with a friendly Buddy who can have a chat with you by phone or video call. They won’t give you advice but can support you with up to 4 calls to help you decide on your priorities and put them in place, and perhaps give you that gentle nudge you need to get on and do it!
If you meet the criteria** and would like to participate in the pilot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The My Future Care Handbook has over 60 pages packed with information to help you make, record and share decisions about your future. A one-stop shop for all things related to later life and beyond, from compiling a bucket list to writing a Will, from creating a music play list to considering where you want to live and/or be cared for if you need support, and much, much more.
**to participate in the pilot you must either be over 65, living with a life limiting illness or caring for someone who is living with a life limiting illness.